The Center for Health Services Research (CHSR) External Advisory Board (EAB) advises the Director of the CHSR on strategic direction and priorities, and assists the CHSR in identifying resources required to address priority research, outreach and teaching needs. This group serves an important role in fulfilling CHSR’s mission: “Applying Evidence to Optimize Health in Kentucky and Beyond.” The EAB also provides regular strategic counsel required to support the CHSR to become a national leader in health service research.
- Collaborate with the CHSR’s director, faculty and staff in the creation and execution of suitable long-term mission, vision, strategies, and priorities for the CHSR.
- Advise the CHSR director and UK leadership in:
- Identification of strategic direction, policies and priorities including development of periodic strategic plan;
- Identification of high priority research, outreach and teaching needs and program goals;
- Assessment of program effectiveness in meeting identified needs and program goals.
- Provide unbiased insights and ideas
- Assist in identifying potential resources and fundraising for CHSR activities.
- Contribute (directly and through engagement with others) to continuing and diverse stakeholder input and involvement in overall CHSR planning and operations.
- Develop connections with organizations whose objectives coincide or significantly complement those of the CHSR.
Tim Carey, MD, MPH
Uma Kotagal, MBBS, MSc
Jean Kutner, MD, MSPH
C. Seth Landefeld, MD
Brian Mittman, PhD, MA
Sanjay Saint, MD, MPH
Anne Sales, PhD, RN
Lucy Savitz, PhD, MBA