Welcome membership applicants to the University of Kentucky – Center for Health Services Research (UK-CHSR)! With an overarching mission of applying research to optimize care©, we are focused on transforming UK HealthCare into a learning health system and becoming a national model for a research-intensive center serving the healthcare needs of Kentucky and beyond. We invite you to apply and become part of our growing team.
Membership to the UK Center for Health Services Research is free, and as a member, you will receive many valuable benefits, including:
1. Professional Development – seminars, workshops, training programs
2. A broad network of researchers, clinicians, educators, and industrial partners
3. Mentor/Mentee opportunities
4. Access to resources and research support services
5. Quarterly CHSR Newsletter – filled with timely information on recent CHSR activities, new HSR publications, and news of the profession
The following individuals are eligible for membership in the UK Center for Health Services Research:
• UK faculty from any college or department engaged in peer-reviewed, health services research (HSR)
• Clinical faculty who engage in HSR or provide leadership in developing translational, health care access or community based outreach research studies designed to advance the understanding of HSR
• Community faculty or faculty at Norton Healthcare, Appalachian Regional Hospital or affiliate hospitals who express interest in the CHSR research activities
Formal Membership Evaluation Process
A formal application review process by the CHSR Membership Committee will be conducted to determine applicants who best fit the Center's research objectives and future vision. The Membership Committee will make CHSR member recommendations to CHSR Directors and Internal Advisory Board.
Eligible candidates may request consideration for membership at any time. Interested individuals should submit required items to Shawna Greenwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights and Responsibilities
UK Center for Health Services Research Members are expected to do the following:
1. Contribute intellectual resources through collaborative engagement in HSR areas, including applied, translational and/or clinical research
2. Serve on designated CHSR review committees, task forces and other duties as assigned
3. Participate in training programs, mentoring activities or educational seminars
4. Represent the Center and its programs both within the community and at regional and national meetings in an appropriate and professional manner
5. Provide annually updated curriculum vitae and other information necessary for properly representing the status of CHSR programs and participants
6. Acknowledge CHSR membership in HSR-related publications that were published while working on CHSR projects
Review and Renewal of Membership
UK Center for Health Services Research Membership will remain in effect on an annual basis, and members will be annually reviewed for engagement in research. Members will need to submit an updated curriculum vitae and NIH formatted Biosketch along with a summary of activities related to the CHSR.